Houston, TX Work Injury Lawyer
Any on-the-job injury can be devastating for the injured worker. But it can also affect the entire family. Physical pain and limitations, mounting medical bills, and extended time off from work can cause significant financial hardship for any family.
If you've been injured while on the job, immediately contact the Houston, TX Work Injury lawyers at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP. Our top-rated lawyers are former insurance defense lawyers. We used to defend companies employing workers in industries ranging from restaurants and hospitality, oil and gas production, construction, transportation and other commercial operations. We use our defense knowledge to maximize the financial compensation for our injured worker clients.
Can I Sue If My Employer Has Workers' Compensation?
Even if your employer has workers' compensation insurance, many on-the-job injuries are the result of negligence of third parties other than your employer. For example:
- Being hit by another motorist while driving on company business - Since you're performing work duties, workers' compensation would cover you, but you may also sue the driver who hit you for additional compensation.
- Being injured by equipment. Worker's compensation will cover your medical expenses up to a point, but the manufacturer of the equipment could also be held liable for your injuries.
- Fall from an unstable scaffold as a contractor on a construction site. The owner of the construction site may be held liable for creating an unsafe work environment.
- Workplace attack by a co-worker. If the attack happens at work, you should be eligible for workers' compensation, but you can also sue the person who attacked you.
Common Industries For On-The-Job Injuries?
Some industries are inherently more dangerous than others. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following are industries where workers are most likely to get injured on the job:
- Oil and gas
- Warehouse Employees
Each of these industries involve a multitude of other parties on the job site. There may be negligent contractors, sub-contractors or their employees.
If your on-the-job injury resulted from the negligence of a third party, then you'll have a personal injury claim against those third parties for your injuries and damages.
What Are The Common Causes For On-The-Job Injuries?
Workplace accidents resulting in injury or even death occur in all types of work environments. The common causes for workplace injuries are:
- Slip, trips and falls
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Heavy machinery
- Poor lighting
- Fire and explosions
- Falling objects
- Falling from heights
- Poor housekeeping
- Improper maintenance
- Lack of preparation
- Improper training
- Lack of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Inadequate staffing
- Improper equipment/tools
Contact A Work Accident Lawyer Serving Houston, TX.
Injured while at work? Are you concerned how you're going to provide for your family when you can't work? Call Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP at (713) 981-4100 for help.