Conroe, TX – According to reports from the Montgomery County Police Reporter, a woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition after being struck by a Toyota 4 Runner.
The accident happened in the 14900 block of FM 1485 between Old Houston Road and SH 242 at approximately 2:00 a.m. on March 4, 2021.
The driver of the SUV was on his way home from work and saw a female wearing dark clothes and a camouflage jacket standing in the roadway. The driver reports he was unable to react in time to avoid striking the woman. Post-accident investigation revealed the woman was wearing headphones at the time of the accident.
Caney Creek Fire and EMC Fire responded to the scene and transported the woman to Hermann Memorial-The Woodlands Hospital.
How To Avoid Being Involved In An Auto-Pedestrian Accident
To avoid or decrease your chance of being involved in an auto-pedestrian accident:
- Slow down to give time to respond to a pedestrian
- Make eye contact with the pedestrian to make sure they see you
- Appreciate adverse weather and drive accordingly
- Exercise patience with pedestrians crossing the road
- Never drive under the influence
- Avoid wearing dark clothes when walking at night
- Avoid crossing roads outside of crosswalks
- Avoid wearing headphones/earbuds while walking near the roadway
- Never expect drivers see you
- Never expect drivers will slow down or stop
- Never walk near roads while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
HRSLawyers.com posts these articles to keep the Greater Houston community informed about traffic accidents and other news. These blog posts are not intended to give legal advice. However, if you or a loved one has been involved in a similar accident and need help from an experienced personal injury lawyer, contact the Conroe, TX Personal Injury Lawyers at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP. Call 713.981.4100. Our lawyers can help you find answers and obtain monetary compensation for any lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Categories: Auto-Pedestrian Accident; Personal Injuries
Tags: hernandez redden sunosky; conroe, tx auto-pedestrian accident lawyer; conroe, tx personal injury lawyer; conroe, tx accident news