Pearland Personal Injury Lawyer
Injured in an accident in Pearland, TX? The lawyers at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP serve the Pearland, TX area and help injury victims obtain compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Handling a personal injury claim alone can be daunting because:
- Texas personal injury law is complicated with confusing evidentiary and procedural requirements
- Texas law imposes strict time limits to pursue a personal injury claim
- It can be expensive and requires a significant financial commitment to pursue a claim
- It's time-consuming. It requires you to meet certain deadlines throughout the duration of your personal injury claim
- Injuries may prevent you from giving full focus to your claim
We are seasoned personal injury trial lawyers with decades of experience. Our lawyers used to work for insurance companies and know their strategies. We apply our experience learned as insurance defense lawyers in our work helping clients injured in car accidents, slip and falls, work accidents and commercial vehicle accidents. Big insurance taught us, now we use that knowledge against them.
Call (713) 981-4100 to talk with a Pearland, TX personal lawyer at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP to see if you qualify for compensation. The consultation is free.
Am I Required To Hire A Lawyer To Help Me With My Personal Injury Claim?
There is no law that requires you to hire a lawyer to pursue financial compensation for your damages after an accident. However, if you choose to represent yourself, you'll be required to follow the same court procedures, evidentiary rules and law and deadlines imposed on lawyers. As the old saying goes, “ignorance of the law is not a defense.”
Representing yourself can be dangerous and impair or completely eliminate your legal rights under Texas law. You'll be going against well-trained and experienced insurance adjusters and lawyers hired by the insurance company. Their sole job is to use the law to their advantage so you're paid very little or nothing. It doesn't matter to them that you were hurt and wronged by their client. They'll use all their experience, knowledge and financial resources to beat you.
If you're going to represent yourself, the following are some of the things you should be prepared to do:
- Communicate with the insurance company – They'll ask you to give a recorded statement and sign certain documents. Don't. These strategies are intended to trap you. The statements can easily be misconstrued and used against you at a later time. Signing documents can potentially waive your right to pursue a lawsuit. For example, before calling us, a personal injury client was negotiating a settlement of her property damages with the insurance company. They offered to pay some money and sent a settlement agreement for her signature. Hidden in the settlement agreement was a release which provided the client would give up her right to pursue bodily injury claims. Luckily, she called us before signing.
- Negotiate with the insurance company – Insurance companies love to take in monthly premium payments but hate paying valid claims. Even if you were injured and not at fault for the accident, they'll question your injuries and blame you for the accident. You'll need to show them how the accident occurred, how you were injured, how you were not at fault and your damages. This will require you to obtain the accident report and witness statements, compile your medical records and bills from each healthcare provider, provide evidence which shows you are not at fault and any other documentation that shows your financial losses as a result of the accident. Don't forget you should show them your financial losses that you'll likely incur in the future for medical care, lost wages and other losses.
- Know the statute of limitations – Texas has several deadlines you must strictly follow or forever risk losing your right to file a lawsuit. Generally, Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. Some exceptions apply, however.
- Be able to identify the correct parties who hurt you – Often times there may be multiple parties involved in an accident. For example, if you slipped and fell at the mall. You would need to identify all the parties who may have caused or contributed to the accident and know their correct company names. For example, an Amazon delivery truck hits your vehicle and causes you to suffer injuries. Amazon is a very well-known company, but the company that owned the truck may actually be “Amazon Logistics, Inc.”, a subsidiary of Amazon. Pursuing the wrong party or company can create a number of issues, including having your claim ignored or dismissed.
The Pearland, TX personal injury lawyers at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP have handled personal injury claims for over 40 years. We know the steps, procedures and law to pursue your personal injury matter.
Do I Need An Expert Witness In My Personal Injury Case?
Some personal injury cases require someone with specialized knowledge and training to give opinions regarding the cause of the accident and your injuries. These “experts” may include doctors, engineers, accident reconstructionists, biomechanical engineers, life care planners, economists and other highly knowledgeable individuals. These different expert witnesses can be brought into a case to help explain what happened in terms of the accident and your injuries. They can be expensive, but critical and necessary to prove your case and maximize your financial recovery.
The lawyers at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP routinely work with expert witnesses in personal injury matters. We advance all costs to hire them to work through the duration of your personal injury matter.
Personal Injury Lawyers Helping Injury Victims In Pearland, TX
If you've been hurt in an accident, call a personal injury lawyer serving Pearland, TX to help get the financial compensation you may be entitled to receive. Call Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP at (713) 981-4100 for a free case evaluation.