Houston, TX Wrong-Way Crash Lawyer
Houston, TX – ABC13 reported a person was killed in an automobile accident involving a wrong-way driver. The accident happened in north Houston, TX around 10:00 p.m. on Highway 249 near Seaton Lake Drive.
According to Houston Police, a driver was driving northbound in the southbound travel lanes when he crashed into another driver in a Toyota Matrix. The driver of the Toyota was killed.
The driver then crashed into another vehicle. It is unknown at this time if the other driver was injured.
Investigators are trying to determine if the wrong-way driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Tips To Avoid Wrong-Way Drivers in Houston, TX
Wrong-way driving accidents happen way too often in Houston, TX. And the outcome typically leads to significant injuries and death. The following are tips to avoid getting into a wrong-way crash:
- Wrong-way accidents predominately occur in the early morning hours. Avoid traveling at night after 2:00 a.m., especially on the weekends.
- If you have to drive at night, be extra cautious. Scan the roadway ahead of you.
- If you see something unusual, slow down and pull over. An oncoming vehicle will be traveling faster than you think.
- Drive in the right hand lane because impaired drivers think they are driving in their right lane going in their direction. Thus, if you're driving in the outside lane (fast lane), you have a higher chance of encountering a wrong-way driver.
- Call the police if you see a wrong-way driver. Hopefully, the police can stop the driver before it's too late.
HRSLawyers.com posts these articles to keep the Greater Houston, TX community informed about traffic accidents and other news. These blog posts are not intended to give legal advice. However, if you or a loved one has been involved in a similar accident and need help from an experienced personal injury lawyer, contact the Houston, TX Car Wreck Attorneys at Hernandez Redden Sunosky, LLP. Our lawyers can help you find answers and obtain monetary compensation for any lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Categories: Wrong-Way Driving
Tags: hernandez redden sunosky; houston, tx wrong-way driving accident lawyer; houston, tx personal injury lawyer; houston, tx accident news